Posts Tagged ‘Windows’

FSRM: Failed to send the test e-mail due to the following error: Cannot send the email due to an error.

I was working on FSRM (File Server Resource Manager) today and I was trying to get e-mail notifications working. Using the test button, the following error appeared: Further investigation in the Windows (application)eventlog showed me the following information: A File Server Resource Manager Service email action could not be run. Error-specific details: Error: IFsrmEmailExternal::SendMail, 0x8004531c, […]

Installing HouseAgent on Windows

It has been two weeks ago since I released the first (private) beta version of HouseAgent. A handful of people starting testing and playing with it, and I noticed that documentation and instructions are lacking a bit. In this blog post I will guide you through the process (in very basic steps) of installing the […]

Introducing HouseAgent

HouseAgent is a multi platform, open source home automation application. That was the short introduction of something I have been working on for quite some months already. HouseAgent has been running as my own home automation software for some time. I hear you asking, why not use one of the standard software products available? There […]

Disable hibernation on multiple Windows 2008 servers using Windows Powershell

By default hibernation is disabled on Windows 2008 server machines. However, a file called “hiberfil.sys” (equally sized to the amount of memory in the machine) is created in the root of the system volume. On a machine with 2GB of memory, this is not a big issue. However I discovered this on a VM with […]

Mass creation of HP WSEM WiFi guest accounts using SSH and PowerShell

I was asked to create 365 (1 year) of WiFi (daily) guest access accounts, and export them to CSV. Of course I didn’t want to create them by hand.. this is where PowerShell came in. I used the following PowerShell script to create random WiFi guest accounts:

The case of the black Windows startup screen

Today I had a nice issue. One of the servers at work suddenly had a “black” Windows startup screen. It looked like this: